Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

McNaught

Gainesville

Well, serves me right for waiting until Mom posts to start mine. Now after midnight my time, so if I start it now, it'll still look like a Sunday post. Hope all is alright with you, Mom, and you're taking a well deserved break.

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a comet up there that is clearly visible BY DAY for a short time?? Usually the Dog list (UF geeks past and present) alerts me to such things, but they failed this time. If it's clear tomorrow, I'll certainly give it a shot. By 11 AM, the window will pass.

One answer to the question would be that I was submerged in football all day, starting with the meta-football on ESPN. Glad Da' Bears won. Pissed that the Chargers lost so ingloriously. The Brady Bunch wins again, ho hum. Would have been more fun to see LT again.

Every time there was a commercial (i.e., often), I popped up to do get some bit done of one thing or another: change the sheets; undecorate the tree; start dinner; etc. I got plenty of exercise. Nice fresh bed to crawl into soon, tree about 2/3 done. With any luck, I should be able to finish it tomorrow.

As for dinner: since I can't see network TV in the kitchen, decided it was not a good day to do a prep-intensive meal, so did Monday's dinner: cube steaks with vegetables. The onions, green peppers and yellow squash roasted beautifully, but the cube steaks got way overcooked (used the electric skillet) and were tough and dry. We ate on TV trays for the first time in years in order to watch the end of the game.

Looking at the week ahead. The Big Boss's retirement party is Tuesday afternoon, so it would be a good time for me to go in with Bill in the morning and take care of a number of pending errands: hair cut; name change at credit union; arrange volunteering with comics collection.

Need to re-do weekly routines to fit retirement reality. All the time in the world isn't, really.

Time for a shower and bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home