Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Stumble Bums

Gainesville

Well, I'm going to assume that the party went well, but that it depleted your energy, Mom, and probably Sandy's too. I hope it was fun and a success. I'm confident it was both.

Another 20 cards are in the mail. I'm over half-way done. Was hoping it would be all over by the 12th day, but no such luck. Still, the end is in sight.

Got out to the P.O. and Publix in early afternoon. Was expecting it to be quiet, but had forgotten that the kids and their parents are back in town for classes starting Monday, and are out re-stocking the kitchens. Slow going.

Made it back in time for the Colts/Chiefs game. Sloppy football! It looked like a contest to see who wanted to lose. Was glad Peyton & Co got a playoff win, but if they don't play better than that, they're once again history. At least the second game had some drama, even if both teams looked like hapless bozos at times. I wanted Seattle to win, but not at the cost of poor Tony Romo losing the game as a holder, fergodssake. And of course afterwards, it was all about Dallas losing (The Tuna, T.O., etc.) rather than Seattle winning. And they did WIN-- they scored more points. Well, let's hope tomorrow's games are better football.

I forgot one point about the playoffs this year: I can't see them in the kitchen. Network TV is available only in the TV room, for reasons too arcane to explain. I can hear it if I listen hard. This is going to figure prominently in my meal planning from here on out, you betcha.

It is still ridiculously warm here. I've packed away most of my summer clothes for the year, and run out of the few in between things. Today I fell back on my airplane strategy: layers. A tight fitting v-neck top topped with a long sleeved blouse, sleeves rolled up or down, etc. To my surprise Bill commented, "That's a nice look for you." Whoa. Note to self: a gray top, a white blouse. Who knew this was a nice look? Study further.

Sleep time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home