Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Big Frakkin' Whoop

Gainesville

The card saga gets more insane every day. No matter how far I lower my expectations, something keeps me from getting it done. I'll not bore you with it all, except to say that at one point we physically moved Bill's printer to attach to my machine (his doesn't have MS Word installed, and Open Office couldn't handle the fonts and spacing that I needed in order to cut up the labels. D'oh. And if that weren't enough, the gold ink pen I was using gave out. I'll have to shop for another one and hope it works long enough to make 40 more hand-drawn stars. Very bad craziness. Finished up the canned letter (to be included with only about 15 of them) but may have to play the same move-the-printer game to get the little color illustration printed. Gah.

Thanks for letting me know about the Jan 2 Fed holiday, Mom. That lessens the pressure to get them mailed, since Wednesday is the earliest delivery date anyhow.

I am never doing this again. Ever. If next year's cards aren't perfect out of the box, I'm outta here.

I did a load of towels. Big whoop. I should have made broth with the chicken carcass today but didn't. I suppose I should toss it (and the leftovers) now, but it kills me to do it.

Congrats on putting your shoes back on, Lucy (anyone remember that song?) You'll get used to it, and it should help with your rehab too. It's good you have your upcoming party to motivate you to continue decluttering.

Spent too much time reading both online (the ever increasing number of blogs I frequent) and hard copy (rereading The Murder Room).

Tomorrow I need to go to the P.O. Box (been over a week), to Office Max (in search of a gold pen) and Publix (food for next week, including yet another Big Frakkin' Holiday Meal for two). Enough, already!

4 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Put your shoes on, Lucy
Don't you know you're in the city
Put your shoes on, Lucy
It really is a pity
Lucy can't go barefoot wherever she goes
'Cause she loves to feel the wiggle of her toes.

That's as far as I can get. Anyone remember any more?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

A little more leaks back:

Use your part manners
You'll need them, and how!
Put your shoes on, Lucy
You're a big girl now.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

(bridge:)

Lucy -- let the good things happen
Lucy -- won't you stop your yappin'
How you act will be the death of me
Don't they have skyscrapers down in Tennessee?

(start to another verse):

Put your shoes on, Lucy
Even though they kind of pinch
Stop balkin'
You've got to do some walkin' that's a cinch

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Wow, I can't remember any of those parts!

I meant "party" manners, as you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home