Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Reality Check

Gainesville

Sandy! I've been worried about you. Glad to hear you are well enough to read and post. Take it easy, please, take good care of yourself, and Christmas can wait. It's a very movable feast, as FL tells us. The most important part is a healthy you.

I managed to make a menu plan, shop, then realize once home that I'd forgotten to buy the main thing for tonight's meal: a couple of steaks. Hard to fake that... so we did pizza. I'll figure out something to do with the leeks I bought as a side.

The plan is probably unrealistic: Sandy's Xmas Eve Ribs and one of the cauliflower recipes from FC #83 tomorrow night, and a poorly thought-out extravaganza for Monday-- GD's Dip du Crab and champagne, the FC (#82?) Chicken w/Cranberry Glaze, smashed roasted potatoes, Stuffing from same issue (Tuscan bread, fennel, olives, etc), sugar snap peas, rolls, etc. I also forgot the rolls, eggs, and a few other details, so will have to go out again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I'm not even halfway though addressing the cards yet, let alone writing and signing them. Plugging away 15 minutes at a time.

Have yet to wrap the merry (pitiful) little Christmas gifts I have for Bill, let alone figure out what his mom will give him (I'm the designated Elf). It would be nice to think this will all be over Monday, but for me it will go on and on and on. Next year I AM doing that FL Cruise or bust!

One card today: Sandy's 3-D poinsettias. It came wrapped in a thick rubber band-- apparently the envelope did not seal properly, but our friends at USPS somewhere along the line loved the card so much they took the time to protect it. Sweet!

So is everyone following the FBoFW fire story? I knew none of Mike's family would die, but was worried about Lovey and the Kelpfroths. I can't help but wonder if this strip has already jumped the shark. I know Johnston is wrapping it up this next year and will freeze everyone at this age, but I hope she has sense enough to not go for a TV-style blowout ending.

Only a fraction of what I have to say, but it will have to do for X-minus 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home