Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Gainesville by the Bay

Gainesville

Bill stayed home sick today -- his cold was much worse. Poor baby, he is not a very cooperative patient.

I made my pilgrimage to the new Fresh Market, and it was a scene out of Moscow on the Hudson: I nearly fainted several times, wondering how I'd been suddenly transported out of G-ville to NYC or the Bay Area. Will have a more detailed report tomorrow, but suffice it to say that they had THE Magic Olives. Was planning to mail order them later this week, and now don't have to. Had to make another trip to Publix to pick up the ordinary stuff.

Got a lovely piece of King salmon at FM, broiled it after a brief soak in an orange/ginger marinade. Then football (Bears over Rams, yay!) while doing a load of Bill's big whites and another of towels. And three cheers for the NFL channel, after ESPN switches to round ball coverage.

More tomorrow. I hope Bill has the good sense to stay home again, but he refuses to make a decision until morning. My goal will be to put at least ONE ornament on that @#$# tree-thing.

Zzzzzzz...

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Yow! You found the Magic Olives in a store??? They were at Kowalski's for a few months, but other than that I've never seen them in a store (except for an obscure and remote fish market in Eau Claire, where I first found them, and where they are usually past the sell-by date). And that means every upscale market I've been to in Oakland, Alameda, the Ferry Building area, and even Rancho. Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home