Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Ball of Foot

Gainesville

Football. Football all the way down. What else is there to say about today?

From Pre- in the morning to Post- in the midnight hour, all football, all day, all the time, and then some. Tends to go on longer than usual when something good happens, as in the Jags demolishing the Colts. The Saints marching in over Dallas tonight was just icing on the cake.

Somewhere in there the sheets got changed, and I fixed a rather nice Leanne dish of "Artichoke Chicken," something like your standby recipe, Mom, but quicker, and using marinated artichoke hearts.

Also dragged the pieces of the artificial tree from last year out of the store room and got it set up in the space I cleared yesterday. The ornament boxes are inside too, so I can start putting them on, and tripping down memory lane of Xmas Past. The very first ornament on the tree will be, as in many years past, Joe Montana.

Poor Bill-- as I feared, his cold is much worse today, and he did a lot of sleeping. I hope he has the sense to stay home tomorrow and give himself a chance to recover, but it's a decision he'll make in the morning.

My plan is to make it to the new store in the Millhopper area, and to get the normal food shop done too-- we are out of espresso beans tonight, since I didn't get out the past few days. Yikes!

Mom, I'm glad your sleep gods smiled last night. But if you have problems in the future, why not duplicate the things you think you need to sleep by your chair? Then you can just move there without worries. Sleep is important. Sleep is good.

In fact, I think I'll go seek Morpheus (the Sandman) now. G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home