Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Half a Year

Gainesville

Yikes, very late again. Spent most of the evening elfing. It's convenient, for sure, but to does take a whole lot of nitpicky overhead.

Did the dental cleaning thing this morning (again, an A+ on my home care) and then downtown for my boss's holiday lunch. It was at Emiliano's, a Spanish place that's been there forever, and has great tapas. I decided to find out what real Vaca Frita ("fried cow") was like-- I'd tried to do this with leftover pot roast in the past, and now have a better idea-- more lime.

I was there early, so had time to spend slurping cappuchino at Starbuck's and reading my current book (E.J.'s Shadow Boxing).

Thawed out the last of the Soup base I made about a month ago, and did the Asian variation on it, which uses broccoli slaw as a noodle-substitute. Not terribly exciting, but warm and filling.

VERY cold here once again. I had on many layers, but they were not enough. Overcast and gloomy. I pity the poor snow birds who came to Florida seeking sunshine.f

And let's give a cheer for young Suzy who persisted an entire HALF A YEAR blogging every single day in the pre-blog era. You go, girl!

Just be warned that it doesn't last all that much longer.

[Vacation Symbol]
Monday, June 30, 1952
182nd Day--184 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This afternoon we were playing with Joyce and Brenda when this beautiful collie came in the drive-way. We looked at its name plate & found Its name was "Lance" We reached Its owner at his office. He came and got it. What a beautiful dog. Then we all had a Lemonade. I have started my Drawing & Painting badge. Suzy

[Vacation Symbol]
[Above date: a big X]
[On either side of date:] 1/2
Tuesday, July 1, 1952
183rd Day--183 Days to Follow

This morning Mom went to paint plates and Sandy and I cleaned up the house real good. Even Moms & Dads room. Mom made us some Kool-Aid. We have a fund for fireworks and have 92 [cent-sign] so far. We cooked hot Dogs over the Barbque & ate out. (San & I) Then we went over to the farm and saw our cousins. it's late now. [faintly:] 1/2 yr. Suzy

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I remember the year we saved up for fireworks, and how much fun Dad had with them, too. You sure can get a lot better (and more expensive) ones now. A couple of years ago Jimbo brought some little things by that one lit up on a fence post, they started spinning fast, and took off in a shower of sparks. Very cool. Who would want sparklers? (Though they were kind of fun then.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home