Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Simple

Gainesville

Ah, what wonderful memories Sandy's letter brings back-- medium-sized Spanish towns (in my case, Burgos), beautiful medieval Carcassonne, and seaside Biarritz. A very nice part of that 1985 trip.

Good idea to listen to your heart, Mom, or whatever part of your body is speaking to you, and take it easy when that's what you hear. The stickers can wait.

Didn't seem like I did much today, but looking back I see than in addition to the daily routines I changed the sheets and laundered them-- I like seeing them in the linen closet all neatly folded and in order for the weekly rotation. Simple pleasures.

I continued perusing the Pullman lit-crit books, but didn't focus on any one, so no book report tonight. For someone I never knew existed, he certainly has stirred a lot of commentary! I'm also still reading The Geographer's Library, about halfway through that one.

Got out for a late shop. We had salmon, corn on the cob (it now comes from Georgia, but still was fresh and quite nice) and salad. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the 4th. I'm thinking, once again, Salads, Baby! Found a nice-sounding one that involves plums, cous cous, and uses the leftover chili citrus pork. Maybe some cole slaw, and something fruity. I have tomorrow to figure it out and get anything I forgot today.

We had a wonderful frog-strangling cloudburst late this afternoon-- just after I got home, in fact. Torrential rain for about twenty minutes, flooding our patio slab and filling the culverts out front. Most welcome, especially when you don't have to be out driving in it.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Where are our bloody-blinking (where'd she get this?) frog-bleeding-strangling cloudbursts? They teased us to pieces today again.

Yours till the aquifer gives out,

Desert Sandys

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

I believe the complete expression is "bloody-blinkin'-stinkin'"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home