Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One Down (D)

Gainesville

Sorry to hear your ferry (!) trip to SF was marred by bad weather-- bad news for poor Sandy, coming down with a cold! Not surprised that shopping at the Wharf was disappointing.

My reading went well today. As usual, there was shuffling of the schedule, and since I was already there, they asked me to go early. Fine with me, get it over with. Coraline is a wonderful thing to read, feels good in the mouth, and I could hear nice audience reactions. Best of all, when I stopped, there were audible groans-- and someone said "You can't stop there..." The bad part was, my fans started showing up after I'd finished-- who knew I had fans?! Also one of Neil's fans, a freshman, who was crushed he'd missed it, and waylaid me for about 20 minutes as I was walking back to work, just so happy to have found someone on campus who had even heard of his idol.

I work at home tomorrow, and were it any other Thursday I'd go in, just to hear the last day of the Readathon-- some things are scheduled that sound great, like readings from Miss Manners. But I need to spend tomorrow doing final run-through of the hour-long thing on Friday. I hope my half a dozen fans remember, as the usual email reminder for presentations has not yet gone out. Ah well, I've presented to empty rooms before, and one person always appreciates it: me.

It's warmed up again-- mosquitos are back with a vengeance. Swatting at them as we speak. But made for great weather out in the Plaza of the Americas today.

The crock pot stroganoff turned out fine-- had it over some low carb elbow noodles with a side of tiny green peas. Last night I took a swipe at Spinach & Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Sherry Cream Sauce (FC, No. 78). It was not a pretty result, as shortcuts were taken and substitutions made, but it tasted great, and the people and the cat enjoyed it.

Bunch more stuff to talk about, but just not gonna happen tonight One down, two to go of the immediate Stand-Ups.

Down to the antepenultimate Diry entry:

Monday, December 1, 1952
336th Day--30 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
Well, back to the old grind of School. It was really howling windy today. The lights went off for a minute once this morning. Thelma's mo & fa took us to Scouts. Troops 8 & 9 are having a skating party. We are inviting Boys. We put down the names of 3 boys we wanted to come. We will have the Place all to us. Tee hee hinted about Rainbow Girls. Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home