Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday in Alameda

The trip to SF was great fun, particularly the boat ride. As Mom said, it was quite rough crossing the bay on the way over, but coming back was very smooth. We are considering a quick trip back in the morning tomorrow, just to the Ferry Building, where we spotted a Sur la Table store. We'll see what the weather's like and how much energy we have.

Because of the off-and-on rain, we were really stuck on the Wharf, where all the shops are junky. We could see the Cannery, but it was too far to walk in the rain. Lunch was great, though. I hadn't been to Tarentino's in years (decades, actually). Good oysters, and the steamed clams were great. Like Chris once said, I don't eat many clams because everywhere one can get clams there are also oysters. The only solution is to have both.

My fever from Tuesday night and all day yesterday seems to have passed. Could be the harbinger of a cold, but if so, it's not going to be much of a cold. I feel fine today, a little snarky, and am taking DayQuil. I don't expect much trouble from this, and assume it won't be any more contagious than the last one I had; neither Charlie nor Mom got that one. This all has to do with elementary schools, I believe. I've bought a nostrum called "Airborne," developed by a schoolteacher who was sick of catching colds from her kids. I've taken some, and I just laid some on Mom.

Another gloomy sky over Alameda, but not nearly so cold and windy. I'll spend some time up at Thea's today and see if I can take care of anything for her.

More tomorrow . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home