Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, May 29, 2006

one string fiddle

One String Fiddle was a record that told a story. All I remember about it is that a hillbilly kid gets a cigar box and makes a one string fiddle out of it and learns to play "Turkey in the Straw." I remember what the cover looked like, too. Can anyone add anything?

Remember The Great Guildersleeve reading fairy tales? My favorite moment was in "Puss in Boots:" "Then he was only an ogre again."

Looks like it's going to be hot again today. I have to get to the garden soon to pick the rest of the spinach. Not very big, but all of the next leaves coming are what I call bolt leaves. Spinach growers will know what I mean.

I'm still cooking my way through the new FC; Saturday night I made the salmon with citrus vinaigrette. It was quite good, and very easy (except for skinning the salmon; the salmon we like best, Alaskan wild sockeye, comes from Kowalski's, and they don't skin it). Cleaned out the fryer and made french fries. Think today I'll have steak/frites for dinner, but don't know if I'll do it at noon or at night. Reminds me of seeing signs in Paris "Moules Frites," which for a long time I thought was fried mussels. When I learned that it was, of course, steamed mussels and french fries, it became one of my favorite café foods. Wish I had some now.

I have to go, though I have much more to say. Appreciated the Indy 500 yesterday, since it meant we had to spend several hours in the house in the AC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home