Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dirty Data

Gainesville

Too tired. Last night as we were going to bed, Bill sez, "We'll need to go straight from work to that awards thing." Me: "Awards thing? That's tomorrow night? Aw sh... shucks." I'd already laid out clothes for a normal work in the library day, and that beef I'd made a special trip out to buy yesterday had to go in the freezer.

Best I could do on short notice was cashmere and pearls. Turned out, that cocktail dress I bought recently would have been perfect, but who knew?

This thing was at the Thomas Center, an old hotel in the Duck Pond area, by the Gainesville City Beautification Committee-- and the new Library West addition had received one of their awards. The project planner invited Bill to go. Champagne and fancy appetizers for an hour, then 1.5 hours of non-stop self-congratulation. They did have a slide show of the winning projects, so it was not as tedious as it might have been.

But it made for a 12-hour workday, and now I'm wiped, and my feet are on strike. The comics work was grueling-- no touching of comics at all, just struggles with trying to sort a spreadsheet full of VERY dirty data. It is going to take forever to turn this into something useful. And then after all that work, I left my thumb drive with all today's work on it, in the computer at work. AGAIN.

Feeling pretty discouraged about the project, but that is no doubt mostly the fatigue talking. Only one way to solve that: Singing!

No, of course sleep is the answer, whatever the question. Gonna go get me some. Will try to do some catch-up tomorrow, as tonight's strange little event is worth some more comment..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home