Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, April 20, 2007

I Can See Clearly Now

Gainesville

Heh-- I never did return Dad's glasses. I wore them, then replaced them with drug store ones of every increasing strength, until I finally had to get a separate strength for reading... multiple pairs of these reading glasses in every room, at work, etc... Crazy how long I can put something off. Finally, TWENTY YEARS later, I went to an eye doctor, got the bifocals I'd needed all along, and now am very happy with one pair of glasses.

I enjoyed seeing that letter, because it is exactly how I feel about that trip to this day-- the good parts are what I remember most vividly.

I rejoice at seeing the splendid pictures of Sandy's kitchen island coming together-- what a great sequence! The persistence of vision over several years fills me with admiration. Please, Sandy, keep taking pictures as you progress, so I can enjoy it vicariously.

I stayed home today. The blister on my foot is not healing properly, and I could not figure out a way to get around the library in my semi-lame state.

Pretty easy to get around the house, though, so I got the daily and weekly routines done, plus laundry (while catching up with Jon and Stephen). Even got the fridge cleared for next week's action-- knowing what I have and need to use is halfway toward upcoming menus.

Struggled with Scooba while trying to do the kitchen floor, and realized I'd done him wrong last time-- think I accidentally put the wrong cleaning stuff in him-- the little bottle of blue stuff was apparently dishwasher rinse aid! I figured this out belatedly, remembering how it foamed. I had diagnosed the problem correctly, but it took Bill to (instantly) deduce what needed doing to fix it.

I am reading The Year of Magical Thinking. I will speak of it when I'm finished.

I'm wondering what was in this sack of stuff from the recent Calif trip you mostly tossed yesterday, Mom. Good to hear you did a 15 minute stint of something. It makes a difference. I used my timer all day to keep me from sinking too deeply into either book or house-stuff. Please keep reporting about the bulbs that are starting to bloom. It's a spring drama that never grows old.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home