Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

quick update

Nah, it was just getting up early that gave you the extra oomph to write a lot . . . . I know what you mean about being pretty useless at the beginning of the morning. We'll see if I can spell.

Mom's doing o.k. They are really pressing the exercise (that's what swing bed is all about), but they don't make her get up if she doesn't feel like it. Then they come back in an hour. She understands that she needs to keep moving, not just to restore her ability to walk, but also to restore her health. She's complaining about the food, but that's a good sign. Normally the food at RF Hosp is pretty decent anyway, but I think they have a skeleton crew on for the holiday weekend. Hope the food gets better next week. (Gee, I just had the feeling that I had a blister on the bottom of my foot -- no, it was a little "made in China" sticker.) Anyway, we are monitoring the situation carefully.

Beautiful morning after rain yesterday. Major planting slated for next weekend.

I went to Amazon and read reviews of Everything is Misc. Sounds interesting even to a relative non-techie like me. Good that Bill has a long weekend. Wish there was a way to get him to slow down a little at work.

We expect the tiler Monday (if he doesn't care about the holiday) or Tuesday. He'll start with the hardw00d-floor dining area, then do the tile floor and countertop. Expect photos.

Now coffee (yes, I've done this uncranked -- we're back to caff coffee) and the paper, then shower, then to RF to the hospital.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Reading over what I wrote yesterday. I rather like my spelling "hardw00d." Think I'll keep it. Floor guy supposed to be here at 8. Will he come?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Floor guy came. I can see that I'm getting the habit of tweets. Alas! (Also I know that Suze will get these little asides.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home