Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Worse

Gainesville

Headline in this morning's paper: "Fires Triple in Size." Sez it all.

It wasn't so bad this morning, and for awhile, I wondered why I'd stayed home. As they day wore on, I knew: it got worse and worse all day. And I felt worse and worse. It's enervating, to say the least.

Was a good day to have the crock pot going, though, as it helped counteract the smoke smell. I loved the lamb shanks (done with some boiling onions from the freezer, chopped Kalamatas, minced garlic, rosemary and chicken broth) but Bill was less enthused and the cat turned up her nose. Oh well.

Correction to last night's post: it was the Daily Show that located Hell in South Jersey. I tend to think of Stewart/Colbert as one (very funny) hour-long show.

Very engaged with Jane and the Genius of the Place, now that I'm over halfway through it. It's taken me the longest to get into, but now I know it's going to be way too short.

No FL progress today, but sometimes just not letting things get any worse is progress enough.

Look forward to seeing some bird feeder pictures. And don't feel bad about having perfect weather -- I'm glad to know there is life going on pleasantly somewhere, without burning eyes, scratchy throats and layers of ash on stuff. Or, in the case of the middle of the country, tornado-flattened towns and flood waters. Something sure seems wrong with the weather.

It's a measure of how desperate things are here that we are all cheering for the A-storm circling off Jax to develop into a hurricane: we need the rain that badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home