Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Alberto Lindo

Gainesville

Yes, that is a very nice quote from John Lennon, one of my favorites. A reminder to take a look at what is going on here and now.

Which is: High of 97-- equal to a record for this day.

Which is: a bleeper-bleepin' proto-hurricane in the Gulf, to be named Alberto. Projected to pass right over us. Assuming he behaves himself, and bring lots of rain, we roll out the welcome mat. The lawn is ghastly brown, the surviving shrubs and the low-leafing trees are displaying foliage that resembles dirty laundry hung out to dry and blow away. Need. Rain. Now.

Which is: Barely made it out to shop, very late, and was grateful for the proximity of the new Publix. Too hot to cook, so we had a Leanne shrimp salad, a four-bean salad, and a tropical fruit salad. The cat was not pleased with this menu, but the humes thought it was about right. I shoulda started marinating the steak for tomorrow, but it will have to wait.

I am reading Bobbie Anne Mason's Atomic Romance (I got to meet and talk with her briefly at the Springsteen symposium) and also, for some unknown reason, had to pick up Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise again (why now?) and realize I only own 2-3, then skip to 13-16. At least, that's what I THINK I own. Until I face up to finishing the sorting and shelving of my comics collection, I can't be sure what exactly I DO own. Anyway, I adore this comic; it's one that I will plunge into come October.

MMM, cold terrazzo. Tempting to just sleep on the floor tonight. If only it weren't so bone-crushingly hard.

Forgot to mention that yesterday I solved my first Sudoku Level 4. I was so proud of myself that I printed it out! I can only do these online, though. The pencil/paper interface is still too daunting, even on the easiest level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home