Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Roll Off, Cool Off

Gainesville

Got well into the upper 90's today, and nary a sign of a thunderstorm. We continue turning into a tinder-bowl. A more normal pattern (afternoon thunderstorms) is expected next week. Bring it on! We're ready for a daily deluge with all the loud stuff. Then having it roll off, and the air cool off with it. Ah, the good old days.

Bill needed to go home at noon to pick up his digital camera, so we picked up Subway on the way and ate it at home. Tonight I had more leftover FC #79 pasta, and it smelled so good that Bill had some too, and we finished it.

I've got the week's meals planned, more or less. Inspired by Sandy's descriptions, I've decided to incorporate at least one item from the fabulous FC #79 each week until a new one arrives. This week it will be the chicken with green olive topping. I'm also trying to get into the habit of checking out what's unused but still viable in the fridge, and factoring it into the plan.

Here it is Friday, and not a single bloody thing done in The Zone (Kitchen). Will have to be content with getting the Big Three Blessings plus towels done yesterday. Next week I'll only have to go into the Tank three days-- work at home Thursday, then Friday and all the next week are vacation-- the June allotment. Yessss! Maybe more than one FC recipe during that span.

Mom, I'm happy to hear your energy level is high. And I'm here to remind you that your NT routine has probably been a big factor in this. Don't blow it off and let it slip away. I know how easy that is to do-- I've done similar things many a time, and have watched Bill lose his grip on positive habits also. I am the voice of your FL conscience. And I trust you'll be mine when you see me doing something similar.

BTW, I also blogged this morning. Since I do that so seldom, I realize some of our regular Fly posters (to say nothing of the lurkers) may have missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home