Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Denied!

Gainesville

I admit it: I fought the (July 15) Sudoku once again tonight, and Sudoku won. Again. This time I was down to the last two squares when it failed, and nothing I could do would fix it. My Iowa/Scorpio stubborness refuses to concede a fairly honorable defeat. After several weeks of success, this is hard to take. I don't know why this one is so much harder than all the others.

Great to hear you're into the organ again, Mom. Strangely enough, I just assumed that any song with "Georgia" in the title was "Georgia on My Mind," and not "Sweet Georgia Brown" -- so we were on the same musical wavelength.

This afternoon I had to walk an incredibly stupid piece of paperwork that required my signature and Martha's. It's a form for faculty with boxes for what percent of time spent teaching, researching, clinical trials, etc, etc., none of really relevant to librarians. This particular deadline is for the Spring 05 semester-- but somehow it's suddenly urgent. This is the stuff that I'll be glad to leave behind. Anyway, this gave me an excuse to trek to the new buildinh for the the first time in weeks, and what a lot of change.

I saw Bill's office for the first time (his arrangement of furniture has caused considerable consternation) and got to ride the escalator. As I was leaving I ran into him, doing one of his many walk-throughs-- this was one was trying to locate missing chairs. There is still no date for the soft opening, as the director wants everything perfect even for that. Ah yes, Perfectionism: we may never open at this rate. And Bill can't really take annual leave until it does. The WV trip is in some doubt. Maybe I'll end up taking all of September off.

We got home at 7:15. I declined offers of Subway or pizza delivery, because there was an easy dinner on tap: a ham slice to broil, shredded cabbage to braise, and green beans to blanch. Had it on the table in 30 minutes flat, and it did us fine.

Hot, hot, hot. But what else is new. A little rain this afternoon along with constant low level thunder-rumbles.

The usual morning and evening routines got done, but not much else. Physically too tired to move-- probably all that walking, following Bill around while he searched for chairs-- more exercise than I usually get.

Gotta hit the sack. One more day of sleep dep this week. I think I can, I think I can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home