Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Somewhere Else

Gainesville

Didn't get everything done, but at least some of it: meals planned, bills written and mailed, shopping done, sheets changed and laundered, floors swiffered. Not too bad a showing, along with the usual morning and evening routines.

Dinners this week will be brainlessly simple, from 15 Minute Low Carb. Publix was sold out of swordfish, so tonight's Swordfish Vera Cruz was made with tilapia-- still very good: marinated briefly in grapefruit/cumin, sauteed, the marinade added to skillet at the end, then topped with tomatilla salsa and served over sliced avocados. Had this with fruit salad and some leftover golden cauliflower.

Bill has a library management retreat "in the woods" (Austen Cary Memorial Forest) tomorrow, early. Instead of a week off and the prospect of few if any more early Fridays, I get a Friday schedule on a Monday to kick off a week in the tank. Feh. Can you tell I'm really looking forward to this week? I am going to listen to my iPod or satellite radio on my computer all week and pretend I am somewhere else.

Oh well. I need to get my hair cut, so will do that tomorrow.

Mom, I loved "skink." That's what we used to call lizards. And glad to hear you played the organ some. I've had "Lazy River" going through my head ever since reading that you're playing it. It does have wonderful chords, as does "Georgia Brown."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home