Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bay Area From Above

Gainesville

OMG! The pictures are totally awesome!! And I have to ask, what did you do to them between when you first posted them and the way they look now? I was enthralled with them this morning, spent a long time looking at them, but tonight when I refreshed the page in case Mom had posted, it was like they suddenly came alive-- the colors enhanced, the blur of haze and window gone. I audibly gasped at the difference. Felt like I was hang gliding over the Bay Area on a perfect day.

That was news about them confiscating WATER of all things. Where will it end? At the very least, they need to pass out the little water bottles as soon as you get on. I'm about to conclude that we need a RecVec and a whole lot of time to do any long distance travel from now on.

Thanks for the clarification about staying in SSF last night-- I got confused imagining Mom off by herself on a motel shuttle to Alameda, and you picking up the car and joining later. Of course, I should have realized, and not worried over questions like, "The Marina Inn has a restaurant?!" All is clear now.

Please keep the daily posts coming, if at all possible. It's fascinating as well as useful info for future trips. Wonderful, wonderful!

Football Sunday, and for once I picked the right early game to watch: Eagles/Giants. Unfortunately, I had to go out shopping, which I did during the third quarter, when it looked like the Eagles had it all sewn up. When I got home, it was still going on in O/T! I got to watch the unbelievable ending while unpacking and putting away stuff. Then I got to watch the 49ers score an upset, all the time looking around and thinking-- that's where Sandy and Mom are! Hope you didn't run into game traffic making your way across the Bay today.

Fixed one of our favorites, Unstuffed Cabbage. A great success, as always, and so easy. Have some slack this week, so will put off the weekly fish dish until I can shop again, probably Tuesday, as that's when Battlestar Galactica 2.5 comes out, but at least the outline of the week's menus are in place.

Tomorrow starts my last week of vacation. The week after will be the last week of work. After that...

Free-fallin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home