Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Kick Back

Gainesville

Hey! No "arrived safely" post? I can only assume that you landed in some of those marginally wired rooms in that fine Alameda motel, and since it is still locally early there, you are seeking food and relaxing. I will try not to worry.

A day of kick-back here-- did plenty of nothin' other than the mere basics, and read about half of a collection of John Varley stories, The Persistence of Vision, dated the late 70's. One of Bill's books that my eye happened to fall on today, and I just knew I needed to read now. Very strange, as I usually do not like short stories, but many of these hang together, especially given all I know of what he's written in the next 30 years.

Perfect for a Pizza Night. The Florida/Tennessee game was midway through the first quarter around the time the pizza arrived. I continued to semi-watch the game while I read, and was rewarded by seeing them squeek out a 21-20 victory at Rocky Top; Bill returned to WoW.

That was one daunting list you make for yourself, Sandy! I can see how it might be theoretically possible to cram that all into one day, but you'd have to put on your superheroine costume to manage it.

Any and all comics related topics are always welcome at the UF conference, no matter what the ostensible theme-- non-Pogo Kelly would be wonderful. No idea yet what I might do.

And let's hear it for your goal of a daily blog with photos! Something none of us have been able to pull off with text, let alone photos. Hip hip hooray!

Uh oh, the wasps in the computer are stirring-- snorring loudly. Time to do likewise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home