Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Crawling s-l-o-w-l-y

Gainesville

Time's fleeting for you, Mom? Lucky you. It couldn't possibly crawl any slower for me. Twenty days seems like an eternity. And every minute is exhausting.

Hope you have a fun trip west. You'll be back before the snow flies-- or do you care about that anymore? I'll bet you do...

Snail mail service down here on the sand bar is slow, so I haven't gotten FC 81 yet. Especially since this will be the first one that I can look at and think, "I can do that" for anything that takes longer than an hour to make happen. Cooking might just become fun again.

Sandy, I remember hearing Dan's radio playing baseball games too. That would have been the Pacific Coast League, the Oaks and the Seals. A kinder, gentler kind of baseball, kind of what spring training is like now. The Gi'nts (remember Don Sherwood telling us we should pronounce it like that so they'd feel at home?) arrival changed all that-- not sure it was for the better, with benefit of hindsight.

More to say, but something is wrong with my eyes: the shades keep coming down and blocking vision. Will try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home