Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh, What a View!

Gainvesille

More nice pix-- thanks Sandy! And I make your link to the Oakland Song clickable.

Busy day for you yesterday. Hope today went equally well.

I spent time on the phone, auto tags renewed, getting more details taken care of, appointments made for next week etc. The final countdown.

Dinner at Outback, but no Mel-- she went to the Tom Petty concert in town, as apparently did many of the regular customers. I'd thought about going, but when the tickets sold out in 30 minutes, I gave up on making it happen. I've seen him in Gainesville (his home town) a couple of times before, and the O'Dome is not a great place for a rock show. I'm sure he was good though.

Addendum to last night's post: the pasta I made was "Fettuccine with Tuna, Lemon & Fried Capers." I used a couple of cans of the tuna Sandy recommended, even though the recipe called for packed in water-- there is so much olive oil in the recipe I was sure it wouldn't hurt. Bill loved it, and the Cat (whose nickname is "Tuna Breath") pronounced it her favorite pasta treatment ever.

Just got the towels folded and put away. Today was lovely-- high in upper 70's and mostly sunny. Spozed to get warm again this weekend, though. The season hasn't quite changed yet-- too soon for sweatshirts, though a mock t-neck felt good tonight when we drove home with the moon roof open for the first time (not counting brief spells to exhaust hot air). Glorious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home