Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Alameda 2

Here's mom on the balcony. Thea wanted to see what the balconies here are like. Not impressive, but the view, of course, is.

This is the egret that hangs around here fishing. This is the first time I've ever seen one here. Must be seasonal.


It's Tuesday afternoon, and I have twelve minutes before I have to leave here (Alameda) to pick up Florence up at Thea's. Wasted all my blogging time this morning trying to post images. (Blogger finally accepted them at 8 p.m.)

So yesterday went fine. I spent from 10:30 until 2:30 up there, talking to Thea and finding out what she wants and needs out of our visit here. A meal of crab is her highest priority item, it seems. I was at least able to replace the light bulb in her shower, which no one else had figured out how to do. It involved standing on a stool in there and unscrewing the cover over the bulb. Not too hard, but in an awkward position. Penny watched me do it, so she says she can do it next time. Thea was most grateful.

I'm also to buy her a clock and do a couple of other small errands like that.

Anyway, she was cheerful and much less edgy yesterday, and that was good.

Flo and I ate at Angela's last night, and it was even better than before. I had positively wonderful soup, a spinach and corn clam chowder, very light. No spinach, though, arugula and a a little lettuce. Spinach is out for the time being. Then I had a hangar steak in a wonderful wine sauce, and Mom had a dijon chicken breast. Dessert was crème brulée for her, panna cotta for me. Both excellent. She had a glass of a very good viognier. I had pinot noir; when the waiter found out we live in Wisconsin -- he used to live in Madison, though he's from Afghanistan, as is the chef/owner -- he poured me a second huge glass. More wine than I needed.

Anyway, I'm glad that it's still such a good restaurant.

Otherwise no big news from here. This morning we went to Trader Joe's for a couple of things, then on to See's for some particular chocolates that Thea wanted.

Morning began slightly cloudy, but is now extremely beautiful, warm, clear, sunny.

Off I go. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home