Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

T Minus Tuesday

Gainesville

This is the last wasted Tuesday / That you'll have to spend...

However, I did not accomplish the day's mission; walking that far was not an option. Hope this gets easier soon, as I have at least one other long cross-campus trek I need to do this week, or else have to come in one day next week.

Bill did his waltz with the UF elephant today, trying to get our health coverage changed over from spouse to family. We are advised that making this change is routinely fumbled by the system, so the best thing to do is not file any kind of a claim for the entire month of October. Ooooo-kay... Think maybe we'll spend the month close to home. Being very careful. Maybe not even getting out of bed... Nah-- as Bill reminds me, that has its own problems, plus, he still has to report to work.

I had my exit interview with our very new, very green, but smart and funny HR guy. I hope my random ravings didn't traumatize him too much. I wish I'd had the questions in advance, as I'd have given more measured, considered, and politically correct responses. Oh well.

My "boss" stopped by the first time ever today, to ask if October 11 was okay for the official kiss-off party. Seems they are going to honor my wishes and have it in the morning, which is great! How much humiliation can be dished out over bagels and juice? Guess I'll find out.

The hornets in my computer are very very angry tonight-- they seem to be having smack-down matches in there, along with ringside commentary, in morse code. Very distracting.

No report from Alameda yet tonight. We think about you Flies out there, yes we do. I am going with the assumption that no news is good news, which is cold comfort at best.

Got home at quarter to seven. Good that I had a plan: lamb chops to be thawed and broiled, plus a 15-min LC recipe of mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes (Sandy's, of course), garlic, cream and parmesan. Some leftover cole slaw and sliced Campari tomatoes with.

AAArrrgh! The hornets are making me crazy. Gotta hang it up. But of course I'll wake up instantly for any West Coast report. Nighty-Nite for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home