Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Current Events

Gainesville

I did read the comments about the Maas kids. I don't remember anything about a car accident. I only have one clear memory of sitting with them. Once was enough.

Did pretty well with my weekly routines-- not perfect, to be sure, but a good start. And I'm pleased to announce that as of yesterday, Christmas is officially OVER: boxes sealed up and returned to the store room. Big Yip.

I may as well confess my guilty secret: I've been turning the tube on for an hour during the day, having become addicted to the Daily Show/Colbert Report. It's a great way to get a tolerable dose of current events and a few laughs at the same time while eating a late lunch. Of course, I'm watching a re-run from the night before. I'm in love with both of them.

I'm reading the one volume compilation of Don Rosa's Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, which is most enjoyable, and going way too fast. I'm trying to settle on a book to take along for the trip, mainly in case of airport delays. It has to be a Certain Kind of Book: portable (no hardbacks or even large trade pb's allowed, since they have to be lugged around) and most importantly, highly readable-- a page-turner. Alas, I burned my way through all those I had stockpiled in the first flush of retirement. There are certain authors I know could provide me with a new one, but none of them are cooperating by releasing anything new to suit my timetable.

Next Friday (Thea's birthday) is the formal dedication of the new library. Turns out there is also a formal dinner that night that Bill and Mrs. Director have to attend-- and "formal" in the latter case means black-tie /long-dress formal. I have stuff I got for cruises, but need to get it dry cleaned and make sure it still looks respectable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home