Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Not Quite Cinco de Mayo

Gainesville

Took some pictures today of the chaos in the Great Room. Alas, the phone is no longer willing to email pictures. Spent too much time this evening trying to get the phone to talk directly to the computer via USB cable. So far, no go. I fear I'll eventually have to call in the Big Gun for help.

The specific "pizza" Bill requested was Taco -- like they used to make at Godfather's, and for all I know, still do. I had to create this more or less from scratch. While the egg-cheese crust was baking, I made taco meat with a can of tomato sauce. When crust was cooled, spread taco meat on crust, added a thin layer of mozzarella, and baked of 10 minutes. Took it out, added quite a lot of shredded colby-jack and some chipotle cheddar. Let stand for 5 minutes, then added a large finely chopped tomato and some chopped lettuce. Very pretty! (Wish I could show you, but the above mentioned phone problem prevents it. Maybe later.) At the table, I had optional chopped scallions and sliced olives, plus salsa. Bill raved about it. I feel like I've been run over by a cheese truck, however. No want no cheese for awhile. Had Tex-Mex cole slaw with this, which also has cheese in it. Veinticinco de Mayo y dos celebration (with apologies to the Spanish speakers among us).

Got the sheets changed, but not laundered. Tomorrow for that. Had hardly any time to read, which is annoying. Did some Twittering. What's time consuming about it is not the text messaging itself, but tracking down the interesting things that people point to.

I note with regret that I never stuck my nose outside for a single minute today, and it was a fairly nice day, too. I slept til 11:00, but still not enough to make up for Friday night.

Glad to have Sandy's update and know Mom's progress is going well. I'm sure it's no fun for her, but she's a fighter with a proven record in this area. Who else among us can say that?

Probably time to take a shower and get between those clean sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home