Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Crazy Day

2.IX.07 - MoM

It was quite a day. I started it off in good shape by upsetting my little glass of tomato juice onto the carpet by my chair in the front room. I sopped it up and continued to use water (and some of the ice from my water) and paper towels until I wasn't getting any color on them. The switch on the floor lamp by my chair has given out so I was having to unplug it from that tangle of wires under the table by my chair. Charlie now has pliers that I can use until he can get a replacement unit. Then, he found out today that the doorbell is no longer working. The batteries are all corroded as well as some of the parts, so I'll have to get a new one. That one has worked well, especially as I bought it through the catalog for $16.00. I wish I could remember what catalog I got it from. The little water "feature" in the back yard is not longer working, and there are some leak problems with the hose that the sprinkler people installed in the back yard. It is leaking so we had to shut it off.

On the bright side was Marty's lunch for us and Wayne mid-day. Very nice. After help from Charlie to get up the couple of steps to the stoop something that gave me trouble when I had 2 good legs, I was able to get up the stairs alone. I leaned on Nate to get down.

I was up by 5:30 after a pretty good night with the now usual hour or so awake during the night and haven't had any time for a nap today. Hope I can stay awake till a decent bedtime hour. Too tired to write more tonight.

Day 5 and counting doing my morning routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home