Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, September 28, 2007

No title, my brain is still asleep

28.IX.07 - MoM

As usual, last night I started the night in my chair even though it no longer leans back to almost flat but in between that and upright. It was later than I wanted my bedtime to be but I slept for about 3 hours. After about an hour of wide awake, I decided to see what the bed would feel like. The little bit of thunder and lightning had cleared out so didn't feel the need to drag my heavy radio out there but could use one of my little battery ones for noise. With an Advil, I went right to sleep and didn't wake up for another 3 hours and time to get up. I am giving serious consideration to starting out there tonight. I do need to get used to a bed as I won't have a recliner in Lake City.

Today was the first time I had really heard more than a song or two of a Bruce concert. I found the "Living in the Future" interesting enough to Google it, so I could perhaps really hear the words after his "prologue." It will take a several more "listens" yet to get all of them. Later I read several places that it was the favorite song on the new album.

The rest of my several orders (except for the lettuce seeds) came today. Even though it wasn't quite as humid as it has been, it is so great to be able to pick up a dry glass and one that isn't soaking the coasters under them. I am working on ways to add the ice that comes out violently from the ice machine. The system I used today seems to be very okay. I really loved being able to set a glass down anywhere and not having to center it on a coaster and hope it wouldn't flood it. I like them so well that I think I am going to order two more of each. I still have more Visa "rewards" I can use so they cost next to nothing.

The Phil Stong book also arrived. I did look up the two Dr. Bauman references. I had remembered a supposed connection to Queen Isabella of his curio but had forgotten the details. I have never read the book, but will do it now.

Another amazingly beautiful fall day with warm enough temps to have the doors open. Still, it was cool enough to have the fireplace feel good during the cool morning and evening enough to take off the chill.

The Box Elder bugs have begun their immigration to my sunroom. With my current slight handicap, I am not too anxious to try to suck them to their doom while awkwardly maneuvering the shop vac around the room. They are harmless but I don't like having them swimming in my water glass when I take a drink in the middle of the might or crawling over the food I am preparing in the kitchen. Charlie is going to get in touch with someone he knows to check on exterminators. They are very common around here and naturally, Sandy and Charlie have them in Spring Valley.

I keep falling asleep as I am typing this so I am going to give it a quick check then after I send it, it will be off to bed, if I last that long.

I didn't last and just woke up. Going to chance this and send it unread. My bed is calling and I hope the long "nap" doesn't keep me from sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home