Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

More strange sleep time

23.IX.07 - MoM

I slept so little last night (mostly real sleep for a couple of hours in MY BED a little after mid-night, then from about 5 to 7:30 a.m.), so don't want to go to bed so early, but I just have to get in as little as 10 minutes. It turned into 20 minutes. Now, I am having my other drink and have Tim Russert and Hilary turned down because I saw it this morning.

Marty and Ben came by on their way to shop today. Usually, he is talking a mile a minute with much referencing to the space DVD stuff that I have a hard time following it. However, today when she got him started on school, he love talking about it and I was able to understand most of it. It is obvious that he thinks it is great. He was the first one named by the teacher to bring the "treats" to school as well as to show and tell. He hadn't been here for quite a while. Charlie had put his toy box in the garage and it was the first thing he looked for. Marty brought it back in and he was happy to see it. He played with his building blocks with much concentration so Marty and I could talk about her job. I enjoyed the visit.

Sandy just called and is going to call back because they are watching the new Ken Burns war epic. During our chasing MN State Parks getting our little "Passport" signed at something like 52 or so of the then 54, one of the towns we went through in Western MN was Luverne. I remember when Ken Burns was "shooting" his Civil War thing in Harpers Ferry. He and his wife were staying at the a little motel near Harpers Ferry. We used to eat lunch at the restaurant there from time to time. He was not real popular with the employees. I saw his interview on the Today Show this morning.

Ann and Dick Jacobs are getting ready to leave Spring Valley in a week or so for Jax for the winter, so she is coming by for a little visit tomorrow. Dick, being a MN native, would stay here all the time, but she has her mother there and a gorgeous house so they split the time. When I met her in German class and she was also taking Japanese at UWRF they were staying during winters. That's before her father's Alzheimer's took its toll and he died.

I was able to get all my stickers again today including my parrot. I gave me that that was getting my rain gauge and the bird bath on my bedroom deck cleaned out as well as the deck plants watered. Won't be long before the gauge will be put away for winter.

Going to see how well I can sleep tonight. I am more than ready right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home