Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Slow and steady wins what race eventuallu, I hope!

21.IX.07 - MoM

No weather warnings tonight. On tonight's weather they said there was a touchdown of a tornado last night in Woodbury, but only a little one. The weather guy just said that there was nothing but "severe clear" this weekend. By Sunday, it is going to be quite warm again for a little while.

I continue to wake up during the night after a few hours sleep and it takes a while to get back to sleep then I don't wake up from till after 7 a.m. I guess, I am going to have to set an alarm as I don't like to get such a late start on the day.

As I think I said last night, the glasses you have are the same ones I was thinking about. After hearing how long you have had yours and that they have worked out well, I placed an order to Amazon for a pair of the 13 oz beer glasses ($19.95) and a special they had of two old fashions for an additional $14.95. Then I got the free postage and I used one of my $25.00 reward certificates so they only are costing me $9.95. I had been thinking about glasses with straight sides, but this morning, as I was drinking my tea from one of my new cups that flairs out, it didn't touch the sores on my lips that regular cups and glasses were irritating, and realized that I really liked them, so ordered the glasses that are like that. I should be okay with the fragileness of the glasses, presuming that they arrive unbroken, as I seldom break glasses or dinnerware. I didn't put fast delivery, so I hope they will get here before we go to Lake City. I got an e-mail today that even though the grill was backordered and wasn't to be delivered for a little while, now it is scheduled for next week. I have realized that being smokeless, it won't have the smoky flavor of a BBQ, but still expect to enjoy cooking on it.

I am still doing well with my stickers and calendar. I am much more likely to remember and/or be more motivated to do the routine for that sticker. Today, I added a new one -- for cleaning up a hot spot. Since I am still sleeping mostly in my chair, the table beside my chair has collected so much extra stuff, such a meds, etc., it was so junky and full of stuff that things were always falling off the table and sometimes, even with my grabber, it was not easy to retrieve them. I scouted around my messy bedroom for a couple of empty boxes to hold all the miscellaneous stuff and to keep the stuff under control. So, now one side of my chair is under control. With my sticker incentive, hopefully, I will find time to take on the other side with its computer and 3 printers plus stacks of paper stuff. I have enough hot incipient conflagrations to keep my busy so I can use my new tiny glitter parrot stickers for "job done."

It's only 7 p.m., (lots later now) but I haven't eaten yet let alone had my drinks, and I keep dozing off even with the a TV home restoration program louder than necessary and typing on this. Guess I'll turn down the sound a few decibels, and fix something to eat so I can have my gin and get to bed. Only had a 10-minute nap today so I should be able to sleep.

Enjoyed the interesting fried potatoes with a zap, the thin sliced pork, cold, and some cucumber, all thanks to Sandy, and some peach pie. Good, and quick dinner.

Sleep is going to feel good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home