Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bewitched

Gainesville

Great to hear from both Sandy and Mom from the road. Sounds like a swell trip down the Miss. Where exactly is Hwy 52, Sandy? The description of it reminded me of a road near La Crosse. One went up a steep twisty road to the top of the bluff that overlooks the town, then off on just such a ridge road with spectacular views. I was lucky enough to do this a couple of times on a motorcycle with a knowledgeable friend. Such beautiful country along the river.

I did some minimal Blessings today, after sleeping way too late-- floors and towels. Mostly piddled online, getting familar if not exactly friendly with Facebook. There's a "Library 2.0" initiative afoot that kind of forced me into paying more attention to it. This is a subset of "Web 2.0," meaning interactive stuff. Causing quite a schism in the Library world-- the Twopointopians vs the Olde Guarde. Not sure what I am. As usual.

Tonight I sat down to a brief session of my latest time-waster game, Bejeweled 2. I was hoping to break my previous high score, 29,000. THREE HOURS later, I hit 118,000! It was a relief to finally lose, as my head was aching, eyes burning and mouse hand starting to seize up. It's such a brainless game, but so addicting. I'm convinced that the ST:Next Gen episode "The Game" was an accurate prediction of it. Do not, whatever you do, download and play this stupid game! You will be sorry. You have been warned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home