Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Serious packing day

12.IX.07 - MoM

Please don't change your blog sending time, Suzy. Last night I didn't read it during the night. I only do that after I have been awake for several hours. Before long I expect to be sleeping in my bed and I don't get out of bed to come to the front room to the computer. Last night, I managed to go to sleep as a reasonable hour, was only awake for a short time then another good sleep -- 6+ hours.

I don't know how cold we got last night. The towels I had put over the plants were soaking wet this morning, but it didn't rain. I haven't talked with Sandy yet today so don't know how cold they got.

I spent the day puttering at packing, including too much time spent looking for things that I misplace. I have the major things packed, but have a lot of small stuff to collect and pack.

I wasted a lot of time ordering the electric grill and still don't know if I got through. From now on, when I order from Hammerschlam, I will do it by phone. I got messed up and can only hope it went through or that I didn't double order. After I e-mailed them to ask about it and haven't heard from them. They had my e-mail as a .com instead of a .net. I was doing fine till I went back to correct that. I also talked to customer service and they said it went through. By the way, it you had happened to look it up on Amazon, the one I saw there was a real cheapie. Mine is $125.00 or so -- it has more watts and heats to 450°.

I really enjoy hearing of the things you are creating, Suzy. I think it is great that Bill enjoys the variety. I'm impressed with his weight loss, too.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Fran about Elizabeth yet today. I called by she was not home yet. She was have a lot of dental stuff with her plate, today.

OHHH -- I just woke up to the fact that I finished my so called dinner about an hour ago and have forgotten to start my drinks! Nothing more to write about. Besides, I am actually watching something besides politics on TV. I read a pre-review about a special on Public TV featuring Tony Bennett with a rave review. I don't usually listen to the shows with music from the "past." For some reason, I have a tendency to get depressed. I wasn't a Tony Bennett fan and his music (especially "I left my heart in SF) doesn't awaken old memories. I just began to enjoy him lately during his appearances on the Today Show. Tonight's show is fun as they are mixing old clips of other stars into it. This was part of the Master's Series.

Doing this and proofing this while having TV on , I can only hope it isn't too bad. I should be able to at least check in tomorrow night, but not at Margaret's on Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home