Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another lazy day

9.IX.07 - MoM

I'm glad you told me about clicking to get the excellent Lynn article. It answered a lot of my questions and it's nice to know that she will be around a while longer. I hadn't realized the strip was somewhat autobiographical. And thanks, Sandy, for your FBoFW finding, too. I found your e-mail late this afternoon so have only read a little of it. I will go back to it after I finish this.

Last night, I went to bed about 11 and woke up after about an hour as I have been doing lately. However, It was 4:30 before I got back to sleep again. I was not in pain and could find no reason for my sleeplessness. I always sleep with the radio on low and last night was no different, except I just didn't go to sleep. This pattern is something new since my broken hips. I finally put on the computer and found your blog and the FBoFW material, so that helped pass some time, after which I got to sleep for a couple of hours. I finally got sleepy mid-afternoon so tried to do one of my 15-minute naps, but for once, I could not fall asleep. During the night I was comfortable in my chair and the temp was perfect for sleep. However, tonight I have my bed ready with the comforter (it is going to be cool with the door open, so I am going try it for at least part of the night. I am not sweating the sleeplessness, as I know that eventually I'll get so tired I'll have to sleep. I want to get to bed a little earlier tonight with hopes of that better night's sleep.

A little while ago I was surprised to see Dave Wood come by with food. They had a church group today. I have never known people who do so much entertaining. He brought red beans, some chopped meat on a bun, a dill pickle and a crunchy apple dessert. It's sort of like my private "Meals on Wheels."

I operate so slowly these days, so tomorrow I must start to serious up about getting ready for our Iowa jaunt on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home