Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Return of REAL Football

Gainesville

Thanks for the garden update, complete with pictures, Sandy! I had a shock when I realized that one of your tomato baskets was actually the thing I use for laundry! It's heavy, even when loaded with just dirty jeans and t-shirts; I can't imagine three of them filled with tomatoes-- no wonder you needed help to drag it up the hill! (And since I've been there recently, I can appreciate what a trip it is from the garden to your house.)

Mom, the link in my post yesterday ("Story here") explains the situation with For Better or For Worse -- it's not really ending. Lynn's going to try recycling old strips, mixed with some current stuff, so she doesn't have to work quite so hard. Since lots of people have never seen the old ones, it just may work out for her.

Got the shopping done at a reasonable hour to avoid the game craziness. Fixed a really nice dinner of broiled tilapia over spinach topped with a cucumber dill sauce. Easy, and really good. A Gator fruit salad (nectarines, cantaloupe and blueberries) and a green salad.

Had baby football on the tube while cooking, eating, and aftermath. Gator game is PPV, so who needs it. If they can't beat Troy-Whoozit, I don't want to see it, let alone pay for the privilege. Guess I only bleed orange and blue from surface wounds and fruit salads.

Tomorrow REAL football starts! Huzzah! Thinking about making shrimp dip to celebrate. Going to fry (yes, fry) some chicken in honor of the occasion. Somewhere along the line, popcorn will be involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home