Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Really hot, but pleasant day out

4.IX.07 - MoM

This was a 2nd really hot day. It was 90ish. I usually don't notice heat too much, but I would hate to have this for an extended period of time.

Today was grocery shopping day and lunch out. We had lunch a Lake Elmo Inn, a place that has been around for years. I used to have duck there, but lately I am trying other things. I seldom have Walleye, but the magic words got me today (breaded and sautéed). I ate a lot of it and had some to take out along with a lot of wild rice with additions, some mixed vegetables, rolls, and even some of the extremely rich dessert. Just before we left this morning, Dave Wood appeared with a large amount of peach pie that Ruth had baked.

I got the letter written for Rosie's birthday, but didn't get it printed yet. Must do it for tomorrow's mail.

This morning Charlie came by with a new part for my floor lamp and to take my garbage can down to the curb, then Sandy brought it up. They won't let me try it yet. I have to agree that I'm not that far along.

I got a kick out of your Beef Burgundy adventure, Suzy. It has been many years since I have made it. I seem to remember doing it in CA and again when we lived I Jamestown Village. That time I used an excellent recipe that was in the Washington Post cooking section. I am sure I still have it in one of my two deep drawers in the dining room filled with recipes.. I am still trying to find one of the many copies of "Soares Shrimp Dip." One of these days, I am going to try to do it without a recipe. I am really hungry for it.

Sandy, please tell Charlie that the lamp is a success. I didn't ever use anything but the 150 watts of the 3-way switch, but the main improvement, I have it near enough that I don't have to twist and stretch to turn it on and off and it is so easy to push the thing instead of twisting the knob.

I can't seem to stay awake to type any more. I have had the doors open, and it wasn't bad. Suddenly, it is hot and sticky again so the AC is on and the doors closed.

Still keeping up my morning routines! It has been a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home