Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just call me "Sleepy Time Gal."

11.IX.07 - MoM

At least, I got a start on laying out the stuff for the suitcase for Thursday and my list is printed and partly checked off. This weather, if the coolish continues, is most helpful. Slack weather with a couple of turtlenecks, and shirt/jackets are easy and will only take one dress incase it gets quite hot.

Sadly, our reunion plans have had to change. Margaret called this morning to tell me that Fred had called her to let her know that Elizabeth had been in the hospital with a blood clot. That means we will not be having a get together there. I tried to call Fred late this afternoon. He was at work but I talked with Fran. Sandy, Charlie and I will still go to Birmingham to see the house, but I wanted to find out if we could have a short visit with Elizabeth. Fran is going to call Elizabeth's daughter to see what is happening and I'll check back with her tomorrow night.

Just took time out to go out after dark to sort of cover my deck plants after the nightly check in with Sandy. I had heard all day that it was going to be 38° with frost north of the Cities. She said she was covering things as it was going to freeze there. That prompted me to check the weather online and we are under a frost advisory. I finally struggled out to the deck and with scads of dish towels, got the stuff covered, It doesn't look as if it is going to be nearly this cold thru the rest of the week. Of course, that can change, but we'll hope for the best. Expect to bring the plants into the sunroom before I go to Lake Pepin in Oct.

To continue my sleep saga. Last night, I made it to bed by 10:30 and broke the hour rut -- I actually slept for 3 hours. Checked the e-mail and blog -- nothing -- then went back to sleep again by 2 a.m. and actually slept for 4 more hours! I didn't get around to any naps today, so hope I can sleep like that again tonight. It's 9 and I will do well to last till 10 tonight.

Just took time out to cast on some stitches to start a simple and stupid scarf, I needed to get something started to do in the car, I dozed off a couple times while knitting. I must get wrap this up and stretch out in the chair -- I fell asleep again while typing this sentence. Good Night.

Marty: Thank Nate for bringing up my garbage can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home