Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, September 10, 2007

An early autumn?

10.IX.07 - MoM

The weather is really crazy. Today it was 65° and calling for 40° tonight and 63° high and 38° low tomorrow night. I don't think I will open the door to the patio very far unless I get an additional blanket to add to your Bean blanket. So far that is all I have needed. Last night, I made it to bed by 11:30 and slept till 12:30. I read your blog, Suzy, and made it back to sleep by 1:30. I slept well until 6:30 -- the best in quite a while. I decided to stay with in my chair rather than move even the few things I would need. I may try the bed tonight if I don't go right back to sleep in my chair.

I had a really good letter from Bill Dwyer's wife, Annie, today -- a first. He had said she would write and send the brochure with info about her paintings. I was amazed! She paints animal portraits from your photos and they are terrific. So is the price -- they start at $499.00. She does them from clients' photos. In various stages she sends photos to clients to check with them and make changes as necessary. She is an Illinois girl and I have a feeling she is somewhat younger than he is, but not sure.

Kay called for a chat this morning. Chris is doing well, but still gets quite tired. That and getting some of my mag subscriptions sorted out from all the early and often billing they send took too long this morning.

Chris C cut the grass, used the weed whip and gave the gutters a first cleaning. Plans to do it again before winter sets in. He says the roof has a heavy cover of more and larger than usual acorns. I know the patio is covered. It reminded me of one of our fall visits at Bayfield. I had to sweep the deck each day before we could use it. I really loved that house. He is leaving this weekend for the annual elk hunting week plus in Wyoming. He suggested that if the grass got too tall, I should call his father to cut it. He had to retire from city maintenance due to his health, but he says he would be happy to do it. With the cooler weather, I don't think it will grow quite so fast.

Somehow, I didn't get around to any naps today. I will see if that makes a difference during the night. Oh, I just remembered that I did drop off a couple of times around 8 a.m. this morning when I was eating breakfast and reading the paper. That doesn't count as the incidents are so brief. Perhaps I really will make it to bed at a better hour tonight.

I had the fireplace on this morning to take the chill off, and as little while ago I put it on again after closing up the house this evening.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I had eye surgery to tighten my lower eyelids to cut down chance of infections. I wasn't completely knocked out and had barely been wheeled into the operating room. They had a little TV on but not where I could see it but did hear the entire 9/11 mess. Oh Boy! I'll have a chance to see it all tomorrow. The Today Show is going to rebroadcast it tomorrow morning! Thank goodness, I can find other stuff to have on then. I still have the original first 2 hours on, but have never watched the added hour that they started several years ago (the regulars are not on that and as of today, they added a fourth hour hosted by 3 females that I'm still won't be having on.

Only 8 p.m. Somehow, I must stay awake a while longer. It is going to be a struggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home