Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Eggy-mania

Gainesville

Feeling a bit wonky tonight, so this will be short (again). Drinking a coke -- yuk. They are horribly sweet, but good for settling down the innards.

Pretty stupid business on campus last night. On all sides. Why this should make national news is beyond me. Just another example of the news media desperate to sensationalize anything they can.

Got the bathrooms and their floors cleaned today, so at least that was something.

Cooking weird things continues. Last night I made something called a Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche. It had hamburger as the "crust!" Bill announced that I could cook that every other night -- the alternate nights being the pizza-quiche thing.

Tonight it was a spinach/ sun dried tomato/ feta frittata. It was good, but probably too many eggy things in a row, at least for me. Tomorrow will be a crock pot thing, with nary a cackleberry involved.

Probably won't go in to work tomorrow: Bill is uneasy about various situations there, and doesn't need worrying about me added to his burdens. My plan is to put some time into designing a real database for the comics.

I'm reading an old sci-fi thing I've had for awhile, a kind of prequel to some other stuff I liked: The Ophiuchi Hotline, by John Varley. I never know what's going to strike my fancy when or why.

Glad you are feeling better, Mom. I wish you felt more comfortable using your Lifeline for things like that, though. That's what it's for! It would have made a lot more sense to have a talk with a professional close at hand, who could actually take action if it were needed rather than have Sandy and Charlie drive all the way into town. This is for your own safety.

I'm happy to hear you played the organ today and are keeping your routines going. Wish I could get into the habit of playing my keyboard every once in awhile.

Uh oh. Just remembered I have a small load of laundry to fold before bed. Not like me to let that get away from me, at least not since FL.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Billy, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home