Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Falling asleep again!

19.IX.07 - MoM

I hope I can get this done before I get as sleepy as I was last night. As I was finishing writing last night's blog I fell into a deep sleep in my chair with my computer on my lap. When I woke up, I was sort of foggy. I managed to highlight what I had written and get into the blog when my mind went blank and I could not get my brain together enough to remember how to get it copied. I kept telling my self "control - V" but could not remember which key was "control." I was ready to give up when I finally came to and remembered. I had only had my first drink but decided I was so tired that I didn't have the other one. I managed to do my eyes and take my Lipitor, then pulled on "your" blanket, went to sleep in my chair at once and hardly moved till morning. I think I got 8 hours. Except for my lip being quite swollen from a sore, I was fine. I put some anti-biotic ointment on my lip and the swelling is down tonight.

I am going to eat well tonight. When Sandy was in town today, we brought by some thinly sliced roast pork -- that meat slicer I bought a year or so ago was a good idea. I decided to park it out there as it was a drag to clean and I wasn't using it. DoD and I had worn out an older one, mostly slicing bread when I had a bread baker. She also brought some good cole slaw. There was also cut up watermelon. Sandy, it has been longer than I can remember since I have had such good watermelon. I had given up on it and had stopped buying it! I am looking forward to having more of it for breakfast tomorrow!

Earlier, Dave Wood had dropped on a big piece of peach pie. Some one at church had given them a batch of peaches so Ruth has been busy. He still had some other pie deliveries to make.

I finally got around to "creating" a new flower card this afternoon. This time it is daisies and, is that "firecracker" or some such, Sandy? I also wonder if that red flower I showed you. "Salvia?" I am going to do something with that tomorrow. While I expect to bring a lot of those plants into the sunroom, I want to be sure to do something with them for cards in case a freeze might sneak up on me.

Even though I only had one 10 minute nap this morning, I am not so very sleepy as I was yesterday. However, I am going to try to get to bed at a decent hour. Just getting ready to start my 2nd drink.

Funny, One of my favorite interior designers on HGTV just snipped some flowers from the yard and copied and blew them up to make pictures for the wall.

Is your local U of FL dust up dying down a little? It was still on the news this morning, but nothing tonight. Nothing like a few other scandals to dilute things like that. Thank goodness for the above HGTV for background noise to keep the house from being quiet as a morgue.

Back to a full compliment of stickers -- really helps to remind me of pills, etc.

I'll be sorry, but I just fell asleep in the middle of this so think I need to get posted before I go sto sleep again. Still sipping on that second drink. Not going to try to proof yet again. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home