Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Finally

24.IX.07 - MoM,

Last night, I was late again getting to bed -- 11:30. As usual, I woke up at about 1:30 a.m., but to my surprise, I was only awake for a few minutes and didn't stir again until I woke up at 7:30 a.m.!!! Amazing for me to get 8 hours.

Ann Jacobs came by about 11:00 on her way to a weekly check in St. Paul of her weigh in with I have forgotten which group. Unfortunately, she has gained back what she had lost when she came by shortly after I broke my hip plus maybe a little more. She expects to start to reverse this again when she gets back to Jax in a week or so. She admits that she has no will power and needs to go to meetings several times as week. Here she is 42 miles away so struggles to go to meetings even once a week but does better there as it is only 5 miles away. I have never seen her so heavy. I wonder how she gets behind the wheel of the car to drive. Her sisters worry about her as they are tall and naturally slim.

Tonight, whn I do my after dinner eye drops and pills, I will have completed another day of the routines. Tomorrow will be 28 days except for the 3 days I missed completely on the trip.

Today's "parrot" was for taking care of the birds in the patio, including cleaning out their bath and hauling water to it from the kitchen as the hose is turned off and I can't get to it. I got out the mini-vacuum to take care of the tracked in dirt and bird seeds and acorn bits and pieces in from the patio and across the living room carpet. It did a very good job. In my current state, I can’t handle the fun robot. Besides, Paige will be vacuuming on Thursday.

My TV dinner is ready but it is getting very dark and T-storm warnings are on the way with strong winds. May end up eating in my "shelter."

Time out to eat my Salisbury Steak TV dinner

I have the eating out of the way and am having my drinks. Still rumbling and I am using reserve battery. One walker load, including the computer and weather radio is about all I need to move. This is to last till mid-night. And, now a little later, all is quiet for now. I have the patio door open and the air is so good. I won't be unhappy when this nonsense gives way to winter and the storms are over. I guess I can't complain, as the season was quite late in starting this summer.

I wonder how many other political junkies are becoming jaded and feeling the effects of the ridiculous early start of the next election. I am watching more and more HGTV (Home & Garden TV).

Ann shares one of your traits, Suzy. She can't put a book down at night and ends up reading till 2 or 3 a.m. She no longer is comfortable sleeping in a bed so sleeps in a lounger and can keep her own schedule.

ZZZZZ -- so much for a 15 minute nap. I just woke up and it it 10:15 p.m.
I finished the day's routine so I can get my stickers. Now, I hope hope I can get back to sleep again. For some reason my stomach is hurting. I can't post this until I go and plug in to get back on line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home