Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006, Most Likely

Gainesville

What's with you losers? Going to bed before midnight??! We watched the Giants/Raiders game, and now are watching ESPN's Times Square coverage (beats hell out of Dick Clark).

Well. we didn't watch too closely -- Bill was playing with his PSP, and I was working on solving my first Sudoku on paper. Up til now I've only donethem on line, where you can check your moves as you go along. Today I bought a book that has huge grids (room for possibilities) and some good hints on basic solving. It took me a couple of hours, but at least I finally did one!

And now it's several hours later, and the connection to blogger has failed. Who knows if this deathless prose will ever make it online.

It turned suddenly warm here, in the 70s-- quite a shock after our long cold spell. Publix was a zoo, but I got the stuff needed for lasagne, and for a decent meal tonight of fish baked under a cheese /onion/red pepper sauce. Nice local strawberries and California tangelos made the basis for a fruit salad, and the magic peeler Sandy gave me made it easy to prepare broccoli the way it should be.

A new year is here. No resolutions-- there is no wagon, I have not fallen off, will just jump in where I am. Glasses of excellent champagne left out for the gods, and plans for a bacon and eggs breakfast. It will do.

Here's to a better one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home