Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fumes, Double Speed

Gainesville

I'm running on fumes here. Being off work for a week means running at double-speed trying to catch up. What seemed like a simple trouble ticket that came in yesterday required many hours and about 40 emails. And I have to think about writing down how to do these kinds of problems so someone can take over when I leave. Or not. The great campus Info-Tech sweep may obsolete my job. Probably not soon enough, though.

I'm also looking at 2 deadlines-- one tomorrow, one March 15. If I had any sense at all, I'd blow them both off, but I'm still so euphoric from the UF conference I want to jump right back into it again. Was hoping to spend a couple of hours in Special Collections late this afternoon, making sure my half-baked ideas would fly, but there just wasn't time.

Should mention that last night I used Sandy's leftover roast beast to make the Philly Steak Unsandwiches (served over spinach instead of on bread) and they were lovely. I did as she suggested (sliced it very thin and cooked it mere seconds on each side). Tonight we had Pork Chop Apple Mustard Skillet, which turned out amazingly well-- I have problems doing anything with pork chops that isn't hideously tough, but this was moist and tender. A keeper.

I loved my stint as sous chef! I always learn things when in kitchen with Sandy. Once I get past tomorrow's deadline, I will post some details about our cooking adventures.

Thanks for the clippings, Mom. I read and enjoyed them all. Especially the picture of Julia's hockey team. They do look like world beaters.

Let's pause here for kudos to the Scholar-Athlete. I managed to make the honor roll only three out of eight semesters in high school. My smart friends used to dis me for underachieving, and they were absolutely right. What a laugh that I had better success as an athlete (tennis) than as a scholar! Julia, you are the real deal. It was all pretty silly back in Olden Times.

Too late for a Diry entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home