Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

the Walkers

Another comment that I decided to do as a post:

O.K. I keep forgetting to tell y'all this. The name of the school on Miramonte was Loyola school, same as the one that opened across the street from us the following year. That was a one-year shot. Second grade was in a low building as well; I could draw its relationship to some of the other parts of the school. I loved being there. There was a small wading pool with no water in it, and at the end of the year they filled it and we had "Splash Day!"

The plaid dresses, I am sure, were two years earlier. I wore mine in fourth grade, I'm sure. It is amazing that we still dressed alike some of the time!

As far as food during our visit. I will, of course, be traveling with my cutlery (with the addition of a bread knife, after the bread fiascos in Oakland), and yes, I want to cook. I think we should have our nights out mostly when Ma's there, but I'll cook any time, all of the time (except there are places we want to go . . . ). Anyway, don't make any big plans. I should have time to take care of much of this. God, I'm really looking forward to being there! Never thought I'd want to go to Gainesville!

I'd forgotten that Harlow's aunt had triplets. She was the wife of Big Harlow (Harlow's father's brother), and one of his kids was also named Harlow. So there were Big Harlow, Harlowboy, and Harlowgirl, as they called them. All had the last name of Walker. No wonder Harlow (girl) was put into a men's dorm at Stanford!

Gonna try to work on the paper today, but it's already getting late.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

You know, I THOUGHT it might have been Loyola, but couldn't quite convince myself. I guess the school across the street on Berry had not opened yet, so there was no conflict, and they only needed that overflow school for the one year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home