Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Prune Grove Diner (D)

Gainesville

Sigh-- just as I get to the blog part of this post, my clothes start dinging.
* * *
And now they're folded and put away. But wait...
* * *
Cat and man needed some attention. And somehow, an hour or so has slipped by.

The dinner I fixed tonight was nothing to brag about. This morning I tossed a hunk of chuck roast in the crock pot, poured an ancient packet of Lipton's onion stuff and a can of beef broth over it, and turned it on. I guess the best I can say is, it was surprisingly edible. The plan is to chop the leftovers up and use them as I would Beef Stuff. Turnip fries were nice, asparagus disappointing-- about half of it I tossed before cooking (blanching)-- another loss at the Publix Produce Lottery.

I worked on "Comics as Data" every chance I got today, and the slide show part is coming together. I have to come in Thursday for a meeting, so will work on it here tomorrow instead. I need to keep focused on THIS paper and not run off on tangents that the background research is turning up. Time enough for that later.

Mom and Sandy here two weeks from today! I wouldn't say the house is Company Ready exactly, but it is at least Family Ready, especially since you're both Fly-aware. It will be fun.

Saturday, September 6, 1952
250th Day--116 to follow

Dear Diary
This morning We got up and did our room real well Under our beds & everything a sort of "Back to School" job. Then we did our regular work. At noon I got the crazy idea of playing restarant. So we fixed up tags & Menus. We plan to do it every weekend noon. But tonite we did it for supper. It was a night mere!! The name of the Joint is "Prune Grove" Suzy

Sunday, September 7, 1952
251st Day-- 115 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we got up and had breakfast. Then we got at our work. I had the front room and folding a huge and gigantic pile of clothes. At lunch time we played Resterant again. Gee, it was fun this time. I got 13[cents] in all for tips! Then we went to the show and saw "Francis goes to West Point" starring Doneld O'Conner, Alice Kelly & Lori Nelson also "Ivory Hunter" (actors unknown) Suzy

Even then, such a little pedant. "Actors unknown," indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home