Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Re-Post

Gainesville

Looks like my last night's post never published-- first time I've had that problem in ages. Can't remember what title I gave it, tho. Here it is from my MS Word backup:

3 February 2006

Gainesville

Spent almost every second at work getting a start on the presentation per se, as opposed to coding and research (the fun part). I made a very rough treatment, with notes for what I wanted to show, then a very rough start at the PowerPoint for the treatment. About 30 slides, much shorter than my usual dog and pony show. I hope I can keep it at that, as I know I tend to race through too many slides, which is frustrating for the audience.

It started raining in the middle of the night and continued most of the day. Around mid-afternoon the thunder started, and by this evening we had some fairly exciting electrical activity. This is most unusual for February! The azeleas are just starting their main event, and they must be confused by this as well.

Although I came home with a hideous pain in the neck, I was very good and made myself do the three basic Blessings that I've found make the weekend go so much better: swiffer the floors, dust, and carpet sweep the carpets. (10 minutes each). Then did 15 minutes of writing bills and 15 of planning menus for next week. I love my timers-- they are my enablers. Oh, and Aleve took care of the neckpain.

Big pile-a mail at the P.O. needed to be sorted too. Notes from Marty and Julia found in the pile-- how delightful. Thanks!

Also in the mail, Backstreets magazine, which I often don't read until weeks after it arrives (hot Bruce news now arrives via email)-- but tonight picked it up and turned right to a wonderful feature on the Springsteen Symposium I attended last September-- really nice to have such a vivid reminder of that amazing event. There is lots of continuing buzz from it, including an effort to start a scholarly Springsteen society. I'm so glad I made myself do that: even with all the scary logistical problems, it was well worth it.

Tuesday, September 2, 1952
246th Day--120 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we got up and did our work. Then Bren called she wanted to come up. Then San & I had an Idea. We planned a surprise party for her. She was surprised. We had cake & Kool-aid & we we gave her a ruler & a pen. Then we went in our pool. Later we chased a parakeep but couldn't catch it. Suzy

Wednesday,
September 3, 1952
247th Day--119 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we did our work and then Brenda called. We went down and got her Rhonda & Andy & came up here.
[something crossed out] We played with our dolls awhile then we played some of our games. Later Karen & Diggie came down. They are spending the night here. It's Helen's 13th wedding ann. Crystal. D.R. Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home