Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Terry-Day (D)

Gainesville

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEA!

Worked at home after all -- Bill suspected that his van would not be ready from the shop today, and he was right. In the cold light of morning, those meetings today did not seem all that important. I was up early, though, and got a lot done on the project-- coded the first of the 1948 strips: a Terry and the Pirates from January 18, 1948. The fun thing about the detailed coding is I have to do research to find out more about the strips, the characters etc., so today I had a crash course in Terry-lore. Wish I had time to do more of that part, but the cold reality is the presentation is a month from yesterday, and I will need to save some time to do the actual writing and PowerPoint. It is good to know that I'll have more time to work on it for the re-run at the PCA in April.

A tree-guy came to the house today. He was doing some work for Jerry and Maggie, and had done work for another of our neighbors. I walked around the yard and showed him our problem trees, and he gave me an estimate. I will check with Maggie, and if she speaks well of him, we may go ahead with this.

Drinks and dinner at Outback. Everyone loves us there, which is fun.

Enjoyed the rest of the letter to Dan-- nice to have all those details of your first impressions of living in the DC metro area.

Wednesday, August 20, 1952
233rd Day--133 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we got our lists & went to work I cleaned up the whole Kitchen while Sandy did the front room. Later Brenda came down and we played first here and then at Brendas house. Later we went to the store with Pat & Then Donnie came to dinner & we had some concoction of his [illegible] & egg & [illegible] Suzy

Thursday, August 21, 1952
234th Day--132 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning I got my list as usual & Did my work. Pa came over and brought back the stuff that we left in Berkeley. At about 12:30 the man brought back our T.V. set. I watched it all afternoon from Fay Stewert go "The Unexpected" tonite. We were going to the show but it starts tomorrow so we will go then. Chris too. Suzy

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Alas, Mom, I have that cookbook of yours (365 Ways to Cook Hamburger), from when I was trying to use up the last cow. At the moment I can't find it (maybe I already brought it back!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home