Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

At Last

Gainesville

They finally published my article in the online journal. I was merely relieved at first, and of course I cringe at the formatting, my writing, etc. But tonight I took a look at their "cover" graphic and nearly fainted with pleasure-- they'd worked some of my FBoFW examples into it. This is just so, so cool! I was also happy to see that I'd managed to get the biographical thing to them-- I had a hard time finding it, and couldn't remember if I'd ever actually done it or not.

Anyway, check it out, folks: http://www.english.ufl.edu/imagetext/archives/v2_2/

Another day of working insanely hard. In addition to all the other stuff going on, suddenly a project that had been dead for 7 months (the library's bulletin board-- server got hacked, we had to rebuild, never could get the backups to reload) came back to life. I truly never thought I'd see the day, and have just about forgotten how it works-- I'm the functional admin of the thing. Spent hours trying to get myself back up to speed on how to manage it. Plus there was another of the endless parties just outside my cube door (a goodby party for a guy who'd only been here about three months!) that I had to put in an appearence at.

Still managed to get down to Spec Coll for an hour to continue my 1948 index. Another hour should do it, although it will take another hour or two to add another set of data points I've decided are important-- the little "topper" strips that accompanied the big Sunday strips back in that era. Sometimes they have them, sometimes not, but by this time they're always printed at the bottom of the main strip, and are semi-independent. I can show these on my data chart with colors, I realized today. This is not making sense to anyone except me, is it?

Meanwhile, down from my hobby horse, the crockpot's Shrimp Jambalaya was waiting for us when we got home. Very early as it turned out-- the brakes on Bill's van nearly failed on a campus hill yesterday, so we had a trip to shop to fit in. My plan to work at home was foiled by this event, since the van is not fixed yet, and we have to share Blue. I will have to work in the office. Was hoping to get started on the XML for the 1948 page, but probably won't happen.

Oops, there's that hobby horse again! I'd better just quit for now. Enjoying a Tanq Ten on the rocks with one of Sandy's heavenly olives. I'm about halfway through bottle two of them-- thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home