Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday Driving

Gainesville

Hope you enjoyed your low-key day, Mom. I know I could use one about now... I had planned to call you this afternoon, but Bill decided he wanted to come with me grocery shopping and run some other errands at the same time, which shot the rest of the day. I'm guessing that a chance to tool around in the new chariot had something to do with it. It's great fun to drive. And did I mention it has a moon roof?!

By the time we got back and got things put away, it was past time to get dinner started, and I'm STILL not finished with the kitchen clean-up. A Fridge Purge filled up the dishwasher, so there wasn't room for everything from dinner. (Faux-Tay-Toes are very dish-intensive, as they require both the steamer and the Cuisinart.)

The house is a wreck. I keep telling myself it's not so bad, that I can get things back under control with a few 15 minute stints, but it's hard to believe. Some serious decluttering has to happen in conjunction with this, or we will continue sinking into the mire of our own devise. One of the errands was picking up a week's worth of mail at the P.O., so that just adds to the mess.

Aforementioned meal also included a classic Salisbury Steak featuring one of Sandy's marvelous onions, and some steamed asparagus, the first US-grown stuff of the season.

Work day tomorrow. Besides the meeting with my erstwhile boss, I plan to spend as much of it as possible scanning comic strip ads. If I'm going to do this paper, I have to get cracking on it NOW.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Nothing more wonderful than a new car; the ultimate toy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home