Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cape Quack

Gainesville

Overload! Great to hear from you, Sandy. But can't respond tonight, especially since your interest in the Barks image on the invitation sent me off on a quest to track it down. When talking the woman who did the invitation, I found she'd just been told "Barks Donald Duck" and did the best she could on the net-- since Disney actively protects online images, she had a hard time-- and the image she found was in Swedish!

What a great stroke of luck it was that she found this particular image. I have a lot more Barks-specific info at hand, so was able to do some convoluted calculations and searching. WDC 256 was January 1962, called "Northeaster at Cape Quack." I managed to find scans of the whole story, and it is classic Barks. I absolutely love it, one of my favorites ever, and living proof that his greatness has nothing to do with nostalgia, and that it went on well beyond when I stopped paying attention. There is something wonderful in every single panel, let alone every page. Here is the original first panel:


Meanwhile, it's too late to do a proper blog, let alone respond to the rest of Sandy's post. Let the record show that I did the Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash & Shallots from FC #81, and it was wonderful. However, it only took half (the narrow end) of a fairly small squash, and I peeled the whole thing. Will have to do one of the other treatments to use up the rest. Had this with a desperation chicken recipe, "Seriously Spicy Citrus Chicken," which I must type in here someday, as it is so easy (really takes not much more than 15 minutes) and is Seriously Good.

Otherwise, football, mostly disappointing. Routines. Sheets. Cool weather. Spozed to be back to 90 again by Thursday. Yuck.

Sunday night, way too late, but hey! I don't have to get up early tomorrow! How sweet it is.

More manana. (It's good enough for me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home